Google SERP dropping

Discuss any search engine issues with other GoStats members. Topics may include: how to promote your site to search engines, how to get your site indexed, and which search engine you like best.
tabulator

Google SERP dropping

Post by newbie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:24 am

Nobody knows why yet. But it is clear that the SERP (search engine results page) of many sites is dropping. Sites that used to show #1 in google appear in the third page now.

robert1633
calculator

Post by robert1633 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:05 pm

This can be becouse of Googles new algorythem and running its test. Your Serp could return back, Plus i have been helpping alot of people lately get listed on page one for their keywords. If I have couse some one here to drop a few points, sorry.

robert1633
calculator

Post by robert1633 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:37 pm

I'm sorry it's my fault I have been giving out alot of free seo software (Ha Ha) but seriously, SERP's will rise and fall as webmasters tweek their sites and unless you keep up with your submisions and title tag tweeking your SERPS will change

exipnos
five fingers

Post by exipnos » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:02 am

Yes, the same thing is happening to one of my site. I have been on google first page for a number of fitness equipment keyphrases. My site has been bouncing in and out of Google for a couple of days now. God wonder if Google is ready for an update or someting. I am not worrying. After the smoke clears things will be back to normal.

Steve_gts
five fingers

Post by Steve_gts » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:27 am

It must be a change in the algo'. yes, many people are noticing a drop, but that must mean just as many are seeing an increase. could it perhaps be dancing at last?

Geeky8Force
web counter beginner

Re: Google SERP dropping

Post by Geeky8Force » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:55 pm

When google switched to the new improved "caffeine" version, a few changes have been noticeable but on a personal level, my pages have still been ranking well. Usually when one encounters a drop in the SERPs its because of a loss of existing backlinks or because competitors are gaining more authority/backlinks than one self. Let's face it, SEO is no piece of cake....

Sam13
web counter beginner

Post by Sam13 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Yes, the same thing is happening to one of my site. I have been on google first page for a number of fitness equipment keyphrases. My site has been bouncing in and out of Google for a couple of days now. God wonder if Google is ready for an update or someting. I am not worrying. After the smoke clears things will be back to normal....
Any help......

jordeen
web counter beginner

Post by jordeen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:01 am

There are few reasons of rank dropping by Google.

Bulk submission
Use of Copies content
Still using Black Hat SEO
Submission on Low Pr sites
Not following the Google instructions.

And so on.. On must be updated with Google's Algorithm. As we read only one algo and following the same from long time there are after every 10-12 days Google launched a new algorithm for SEO/SMM So if you follow the same you will be on top. It is my personal experiences.

I never banned or no one site is spammed till my 7 year of experiences. And Hope not will be in future.

jordeen
web counter beginner

Post by jordeen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:45 am

Bulk submission, or black hat SEO are the main reason.