I need someone help really.

Discuss any search engine issues with other GoStats members. Topics may include: how to promote your site to search engines, how to get your site indexed, and which search engine you like best.
tuan
tabulator

I need someone help really.

Post by tuan » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:08 am

Hello everyone,
I am a new person who already read all your topics last couple of days. Fantastic, its very amazing when I found this forum because ranking is something very new in my country. :oops: I got such such useful tips from you guys and feel bad that I could not give any ranking tips to you yet coz of my limitation in this subject. please understand. :(
I have 2 questions for my website, I thank you very much for whomever could reply to me. My position in MSN, YAHOO is not bad but Google is terible, nothing, zero. ( submited 6months already ) :oops:
1, do I need submit all my webpage to google instead of homepage only, google said no need but I think lots of people submit all pages? is it affected much for ranking?
2, I found a website which offer a linking service, they said they could help me site ranking by linking my site to thousand sites in their database, cost $10 per month, no better position in 6 month, money back guarantee. Wwhat do you think about this offer? I know its nothing free online but do you have any suggestion of linking stuffs, my site now just have a few links only, I need to improve it right?
Thank you for your reply in advance, wish this forum keep doing great job and success to Gostats.com
Sorry for my bad English. :oops:
Tuannguyen

rchmura
Site Admin

Post by rchmura » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:28 am

Hello Tuannguyen,

Generally the best way to increase the traffic frmo your site is by hard work. Make sure you read about SEO and search engine marketing techniques. The more you learn the better your will be.

Don't always jump on the guarentee ranking improvements, but don't let that stop you from buying some advertising services. Some of the search engines have great methods available for you to purchase traffic or non-free directory listings.

Also, firstly, think about how a search engine sees your site. This is key to making your site search engnie friendly.

JimBb
Deep Thought

Post by JimBb » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:06 am

You are in Google, many pages even. But hard to find, the people linking to you or mentioning you are above you indeed.

I think having flash and a javascript menu on the front page doesn't do your ranking very good to start with. You could improve this by putting the same links to the same pages in a <noscript></noscript> section. That is not visible to everyone using javascript, but the search engines can easily find and follow that.

Oh, and don't pay. Links are valuable, indeed, but they have to be relevant links. Look at the Book Reviews thing in my signature, using those words is better than just "my site", for example, if Book Reviews is a search term you care for. So just putting a link somewhere won't help much. Better is to end up on travel sites (relevant, remember?), and with relevant words.

Try finding a (few) travel forum(s), and be an active contributing member - and don't forget to put your site in your signature of course :) People will follow that link out of curiosity, and search engines will rate that link higher since it is on a travel related site. Double advantage :)

Jim

tuan
tabulator

Post by tuan » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:13 am

Thank you JimBb
I understand now, especially about the links,
You are wonderful.

Cheers
Tuannguyen

JimBb
Deep Thought

Post by JimBb » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:18 pm

You can try viewing what a search engine sees on this site. But before that is possible there needs to be a page called delorie.htm in the root of your site, as the page explains. It may give you some insights in what a search engine really sees.

I can show you two views on one of my pages:
Lynx emulator
Search Engine Emulator
(you can try using "http://jim-on-the-web.bravepages.com/en ... -nana.html", I have put the required delorie.htm file there)

You'll see that in both cases the alt-tags for the images are read. Lynx (which shows quite good how a search engine "reads" a page) for example shows the image-links as text, and other menus can be followed as well, even if I too use Javascripts. I'm pretty sure that neither of the two emulators (mind you: they are just emulators, take the result with a grain of salt) will show anything from your Javascript menu.

Then try this simple Google search to see the results. Nobody links to that page, I never paid anything to get it where it is right now. Just honest decent content, and smart (and correct!) usage of HTML tags.

Cheers,

Jim

tuan
tabulator

Post by tuan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:57 am

Hello Guys,
I came back to thank you for last comments and advises from you guys, I tell you, It was just amazing when I fixed some problems then MSN gives me such a good positions now, I still cant believe it, maybe MSN is too easy to positioning but its still a great news, isnt it?
Thank again some expertise people in this forum. If you have anything to advise me, please do teach me, I am thankful for that.

Cheers

Tuan
www.vietvaluetravel.com
MSN keyword: vietnam travel agent ( rank 20 ) It was 100 or million or something last week.
Tuannguyen

robert1633
calculator

Post by robert1633 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:15 pm

You only need to submit to your index page. To get better results you must optimize your site and submitting a site map to google is not a bad idea ether

robert1633
calculator

Post by robert1633 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Google is a diferent animal, You only need to submit your index page, and a sitemap if you have one. Google takes alot of intrest in your Title tag, This metas tag should have your bnest keyword phrses in it.

here2help
web counter beginner

Re: I need someone help really.

Post by here2help » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Actually you mentioned a very important point, "Linking"
But before i get into that i would like to correct a misconception here: Submitting more webpages of your website doesnot increase your rank. there is a difference between your website being indexed (included) in google and betwen the ranking, those are totally different things.

Now for the linking: say for example your website is about car parts and you want people that search for "car hoods and spoilers" to find your website within the top 5 results.
You simply try to get many backlinks that have the anchor text as "car hoods and spoilers". So the more links with the anchor text you have the higher you will rank in Google and yahoo and bing.

This is just a quick overview,
SEO software That works

robert1633
calculator

Re: I need someone help really.

Post by robert1633 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Actually I have learned a lot sense I last posted here. I am number one for many of my keywords and I can tell you it has absolutely nothing to do with linking. Google has not even used PR or linking in its algorithm since 2008. Linking is a waste of time. Getting on page one of google is much easier than some linking strategy.