This is what Google tells us to avoid

Discuss any search engine issues with other GoStats members. Topics may include: how to promote your site to search engines, how to get your site indexed, and which search engine you like best.
jacksonp
web counter beginner

This is what Google tells us to avoid

Post by jacksonp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:14 am

As an experienced person of SEO I want to share here some facts which should avoid by us.I hope that this will help some of the newcomers a lot..

choosing a title that has no relation to the content on the page
using extremely lengthy titles that are unhelpful to users
using a single title tag across all of your site’s pages or a large group of pages
stuffing unneeded keywords in your title tags
writing description meta tag that has no relation to the content on the page
Multiple domains
Multiple identical sites
Cross Linking

rchmura
Site Admin

Re: This is what Google tells us to avoid

Post by rchmura » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:05 am

Thank you for your insight.

Lex87
tabulator

Post by Lex87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:57 pm

I got this information off of ArticleWrap and it goes into the specifics a little bit better:

Content:
Content is an important factor in high search engine rankings. Make sure that you have plenty of content throughout your site with your target keywords in the articles. You need to periodically update the content of your website, even if it’s only a slight change.

Keywords:

Don’t just use the most popular keyword phrases – the market is so competitive that you should be sure to include some special keywords relative to your website. This is especially true if you are just starting to market your site on the web.

Web Site URL:
Your web site’s URL can help you rank higher with the search engines if it contains your keywords.

Site Navigation:

The navigation menu that appears on your website should include your page’s titles and also, your sites navigation should be consistent and on every page so that not only people may easily navigate your site, but search engine users as well.

Related Links:
Make sure that you don’t have a lot of irrelevant links on your site. The more closely the links on your site are related to your site, the better the chances of being ranked well in search engines.

Don’t Over submit:
You need to consider the fact that many search engines don’t like automatic submissions or multiple submissions. Therefore, submit only once and don’t use a whole slew of submitting software.

Subscribe To and Read Search Engine Relevant News:
Always be on a look out for SEO news – staying up to date and using the latest techniques will help you stay one step ahead of your competitors.

Page Title:

The title of your page is very important, and if you choose the title properly then it can surely make a big difference in search engine ranking.

elisajohn
web counter beginner

Post by elisajohn » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:31 am

Superb and best guide it is. Before your post I never read this great views of google. It is very helpful for every developers , It is such a best and very informative information you shared here.

Gleedaniel13
tabulator

Post by Gleedaniel13 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:41 am

As an experienced person of SEO I want to share here some facts which should avoid by us.I hope that this will help some of the newcomers a lot..

choosing a title that has no relation to the content on the page
using extremely lengthy titles that are unhelpful to users
using a single title tag across all of your site’s pages or a large group of pages
stuffing unneeded keywords in your title tags
writing description meta tag that has no relation to the content on the page
Multiple domains
Multiple identical sites
Cross Linking
We just really need to be careful in doing SEO. Once we may fail, it is hard to get up. :)
Web Design Integration

jackdawson
web counter beginner

Post by jackdawson » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 am

Can you please tell me regarding App Store Optimization title? Would be very thanks if you could suggest something regarding ASO titles. :(