I've got a menu/scripting problem!

Talk about HTML resources, styles etc.
DutchDisturbed
web counter beginner

I've got a menu/scripting problem!

Post by DutchDisturbed » Sat May 29, 2004 7:39 pm

Eej guys! I've got some problems with my site! Thanks to grelmar some are solved but I'm stuck with a menu. I found a menu and used it for my site after altering it. Apperently it's a VB script and not supported by every browser, or lets say anything but IE. The thing I want is some kind of table and when you click on the main topic, like interactive, you get something dropped down with the subjects belonging to that group.
as shown as my site http://members.lycos.nl/banddisturbed/

Code: Select all

<Script Language="VBscript"> 

<!-- 

Option Explicit 

DIM menuID,menuObj,cellBk 

SUB ShowHide(menuID) 

menuObj = "Link" & menuID 

cellbk = "Head" & menuID            

if document.all.item(menuObj).className = "LINKSON" then    'IF MENU OPEN THEN CLOSE 

document.all.item(menuObj).className = "LINKSOFF" 

document.all.item(cellBk).style.backgroundColor = "#000000"   ' SET CELL BACKGROUND COLOUR BLACK            

document.all.item(cellBk).style.Color = "#FFFFFF"  ' SET FONT COLOUR WHITE 

ELSE 

document.all.item(menuObj).className = "LINKSON"               ' OPEN MENU    

document.all.item(cellBk).style.backgroundColor = "#CCCCCC"  ' SET CELL BACKGROUND COLOUR GREY            

document.all.item(cellBk).style.color = "#000000"  ' SET FONT COLOUR BLACK 

END IF 

END SUB 

--> 

</Script>
this is the script I'm using currently. Could someone get it into javascript or something else that is compatible with most browsers?
Thanx in advances!
Youri
Last edited by DutchDisturbed on Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ron
bean counter

Post by Ron » Sun May 30, 2004 7:44 am

i think u should go to another site, with the same effect. then look at their source code. and see ur mistake.

sorry cant be more help.

ron

DutchDisturbed
web counter beginner

Post by DutchDisturbed » Sun May 30, 2004 11:52 am

well. i didn't make any mistakes :p, but i used the wrong scripting language. So the thing that needs to be done is changing the VB commands for javascript i guess, but i wouldn't know how to do that. i saw just one that did the same thing, but that was only with text an when I tried to fit that in my table it didn't work at all.

DutchDisturbed
web counter beginner

Post by DutchDisturbed » Mon May 31, 2004 3:26 pm

I hope I've solved the problem....
Could anyone with another browser then IE check my site?
It's mostly about the menu, just to see if its working. it looks good now in IE and I think that it should be good now.
Also see what the commercial is doing, because I've tried to let that appear in only one frame instead of all. And if you have a pop-up.
Thanks in advances!

grelmar
Human Abacus

Post by grelmar » Mon May 31, 2004 7:06 pm

Still no go in Moz or IE.

DutchDisturbed
web counter beginner

Post by DutchDisturbed » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:14 am

ow the link isn't working i guess... because at my pc it works at IE defenitely!

edit: perhaps its good to post the real link
http://members.lycos.nl/banddisturbed/

hostivo
tabulator

Post by hostivo » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:54 am

Link works for me.